Posted On: May 12, 2016
Media Organization: IBT Media
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 90 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to your interests, with analysis and insight to make sense of a globally connected world. IBT includes Newsweek, International Business Times, iDigital Times, Fashion Times and Medical Daily.
Responsible for producing, shooting, writing, editing and posting creative and compelling videos(scripted with voice-over as well as video-only) quickly and accurately on deadline for all IBT Media brands and platforms. That includes working with managers and colleagues to identify, conceive, develop, produce, post and distribute lively, first-rate video journalism. Monitor our sites to identify/ensure relevant videos are embedded within related/relevant posts.
This person will be responsible for producing short video stories and longer-form documentary-style video projects tailored to mobile, social and digital audiences. We're looking for a good storyteller who can translate complex text stories into smart, elegant video packages.
· Demonstrated creative storytelling and outstanding technical skills, professional judgment, an eye for “the perfect shots”, a drive to innovate, a love for news and features, an ability to build editorial brand, audience and viewer engagement.
· At least 3 years of professional experience as a video shooter, editor and/or producer for digital or TV news or public affairs outlet.
· A master understanding of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut X, skills with a camera and the ability to work on a deadline.
· Candidates must have a proven record of taking stories from pitch to publish, and experience with all the hard and soft skills of production: idea generation, professional communication, shooting, lighting, audio, writing, editing, interviewing, color correction, and publishing. We often tackle projects as a team, so even if you have a specialty, it's important that you're comfortable with all the disciplines.
· Ability to work creatively, resourcefully and independently or as smooth-functioning part of a team in fast-paced news environment with intense deadline pressure.
· The job requires an extremely organized self-starter with solid news judgement who can manage multiple projects at various stages of production.
· Knowledge of newest initiatives and techniques in the intensely competitive digital news and social media businesses
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud's Premiere, video and editorial content management systems and professional video and DSLR cameras
· Must be able to multi-task and work collaboratively with editorial and technical teams across platforms and editorial and business disciplines
· Must send links to reel and samples of full short-form videos you have produced
· Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends, if requested
· Must successfully pass a background check
Please send note & resume to email@example.com, and check out out journalism brands online and on social.