Posted On: June 6, 2016
Media Organization: Springer Nature
Springer Nature is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. By using its combined expertise, scale and the reach of our brands, the company aims to grow and innovate in order to better serve academic researchers, students, teachers, institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in more than 50 countries.
Custom Publishing Executive Editor, Scientific American and Nature
As part of the company that publishes Scientific American and Nature, Springer Nature’s Partnership and Custom Media unit uses unmatched expertise to help science-focused organizations communicate on the global stage. We are currently looking for a Regional Executive Editor based in New York to lead a small team in the US to turn great science into world-leading projects using digital, social and print media.
The regional executive editor will:
• Work with our the region's top universities, research centers and other science-based organizations to conceive exceptional science communication projects
• Lead a team of in-house and freelance writers, editors and designers to deliver custom live events, websites, social media and print magazines
• Help set editorial policies, guidelines and workflows to ensure our custom publishing and native advertising projects meet the highest standards
• Collaborate with colleagues in business development to help turn our partners' ideas into costings, editorial plans, outlines and great custom projects
A seasoned science communicator, you will have a strong track record at senior levels, and a proven ability to produce excellent, captivating content in a commercial environment. Dynamic and self-motivated, you will be passionate about science communication in a variety of media.
You will have the following required skills and experience
• Demonstrated ability to coach and manage editorial teams to produce high quality scientific media
• Sound scientific background with a bachelor's degree in science preferred
• Ability to work to tight and variable deadlines under pressure
• Experience in managing editors and writers to maintain multiple, regular publishing schedules
• Experience producing content that brings complex science to broad non-specialist audiences
• Sound understanding of current best practice in science communication market and the communication needs of customers
• Experience in compiling complete publications taking into account design and content aspects.
Please apply at: