Posted On: June 8, 2016
Media Organization: Weather.com
Weather.com (The Weather Channel) is the leading website for weather news and information.
Weather.com, the leading website for weather news and information, is looking for an assistant digital editor for our travel section. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful reporter, innovative and savvy regarding digital platforms, passionate about travel and adventure, and knows how to create content that grabs audiences. The successful candidate will have excellent writing and editing skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The position will be based in the Weather Channel office in New York City.
- Generate story ideas
- Produce stories and slideshows
- Identify news, viral, trending and features stories that would fit under the travel vertical
- Be willing to work in a breaking news situation when severe weather occurs
- Research photos and stories, brainstorm and collaborate with weather.com digital content team
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to craft headlines that engage readers
- Ability to produce slideshows and features that involve visual storytelling
- Sharp writing and editing skills
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement online
- Familiarity with trends in travel and news coverage
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Comfortable with various content management systems
- Knowledge of HTML
- BA in a related field (Journalism, Communications, etc.)
- Relevant work and internship experience
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and any relevant writing samples to Stephanie Valera (email@example.com).