Posted On: June 23, 2016
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
This position will support audience development initiatives for the NBC News Digital Group (specifically NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC). This role will collaborate with editorial teams across the brands to ensure best practices for search engine optimization and social media analytics.
• Facilitate projects that drive audience growth by improving search engine rankings.
• Hands-on optimization work, including content and keyword research projects.
• Perform keyword research to identify new opportunities to improve rankings and collaborate with editorial to implement.
• Review and analyze web site reporting, page ranking performance to identify areas for improvement relative to SEO.
• Conduct regular social media reporting and analysis identifying areas for improvement and change.
• Support process for rapid response to search and social trends, including identifying them quickly and communicating them to edit teams.
• Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Analysis experience
• Basic knowledge of keyword research relative to Search Engine Optimization
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Web analytics skills including experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Passion to continuously improve and learn
If interested in this opportunity, pleas email Jillian Leviton at firstname.lastname@example.org