Posted On: June 23, 2016
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
This position will support digital insights initiatives for the NBC News Digital Group (specifically NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC). This role will collaborate with various teams across the brands to ensure best practices for search engine optimization and social media analytics, illustrate the health of the business, drive audience engagement and optimize product/editorial performance.
• Perform in-depth analysis of website data to spot trends and provide data driven findings.
• Extract data from databases, analyze information, make concise recommendations and present ideas
• Facilitate projects that drive audience growth by improving search engine rankings.
• Hands-on optimization work, including content and keyword research projects.
• Conduct regular social media reporting and analysis identifying areas for improvement and change.
• Ability to produce ad hoc reports when requested
• Pursuing a degree in Business, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics or related field
• Working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Analysis and problem solving experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Basic knowledge of SQL or other programming languages
• Web analytics skills including experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
• Basic knowledge of keyword research relative to Search Engine Optimization
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Passion to continuously improve and learn
If you are interested in this opportunity please email Jillian Leviton at firstname.lastname@example.org