Posted On: January 19, 2018
Media Organization: Relay Graduate School of Education
Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay) is a national, accredited, nonprofit institution of higher education whose mission is to teach teachers and school leaders to develop in all students the academic skills and strength of character needed to succeed in college and life. Relay currently serves over 3,000 teachers and school leaders across 15 campuses. Relay is eager to bring about transformational change in educator preparation. Relay is committed to using practice and feedback to become the place where a new generation of continuously improving, results-focused individuals can fulfill their destiny in the world’s greatest profession.
Mission: Our work is driven by our mission – to prepare effective and successful teachers and leaders. Our culture is driven by our core values – innovation, teamwork, respect, urgency, responsibility, grit, and equity. Join a team that is transforming training for educators across America.
The Associate, Communications & Marketing will play a key role in building Relay’s brand and reputation as we grow our graduate student body in sites across the country. The Associate will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. The position is based in New York City; 3-5 years of work experience desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Develop and execute targeted, proactive communications campaigns
- Draft written materials, including press releases, blog entries, op-eds, and newsletters
- Create and push out social media content (primarily via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) that furthers Relay’s brand
- Establish a steady pipeline of media opportunities through work with internal teams (namely, campuses, Research, Teacher Pathways, and Alumni Affairs), as well as Relay graduate students and alumni
- Monitor and track daily media mentions; prepare dashboards for senior leadership
2) Manage marketing assets, strengthening Relay’s brand and supporting graduate student recruitment
- Work to grow Relay’s social media presence and reach
- Build out and organize Relay’s photo and video assets, with support from Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Regularly refresh website content and collateral (print materials, swag, PowerPoint templates, etc.) to ensure that public-facing materials are inspiring and accurate
- Support Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in pursuing public website enhancements
- Develop and maintain analytics dashboard that monitors our growth and engagement across all digital platforms.
3) Build and maintain internal marketing and communications systems and toolkits that drive efficiencies
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing to design and roll out systems to better communicate with internal and external partners
4) Support special project work as needed that may include: marketing focus groups, research projects, messaging work, info-graphics work, speeches and presentations by senior leadership
First and foremost, the Associate of Marketing & Communications must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Exceptional writing skills (journalism or PR experience a plus) and ability to write short, compelling pieces under tight deadlines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Creativity and “out-of-the-box” ideas
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Knowledge of PK-12 education landscape a plus, but not required
- Strong learning orientation and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in software including: Photoshop, Publisher, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint a plus.
Compensation: Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits to all full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Please apply through our Greenhouse posting at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/relaygraduateschoolofeducation/jobs/886126#.WmIRu5M-fBJ
Please feel free to direct any questions to Michelle DeLateur, Director of Instructional Media and NYU News and Documentary Alumna (Class of 2010), at email@example.com