Posted On: March 12, 2019
Media Organization: Einstein College of Medicine: Children's Evaluation & Rehabilitation Center
Join our mission driven RFK CERC team which serves 5,000+ persons with developmental disabilities (DD), from infancy through adulthood. This vibrant program is the clinical foundation for three flagship DD programs that drive our research and advocacy: the University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD), the Leadership Education in Neuro-Developmental Disorders (LEND) program, and the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (IDDRC).
Job Title: Dissemination Coordinator
Agency: Rose F. Kennedy (RFK) Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC)
Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center
Available: Spring 2019
Responsibilities: This individual will work across the UCEDD and LEND programs on:
Storytelling- Produce multi-media narratives to advance disability education and advocacy
Publications- Draft peer-review manuscripts with faculty and staff to disseminate research findings
Social Media- Implement a strategy geared to training, education, research, and public policy
Website- Work with the Einstein IT team to the RFK CERC website
Grants- Collaborate with faculty on research and service grant proposals
Represent- our UCEDD on Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) councils
Special Projects- Support new and on-going research and service projects, as needed
Universal Design- Ensure resources are in accessible formats and are culturally competent.
• Master’s + 2 years of experience preferred in Journalism, Public Health, Special Education
• Demonstrated writing proficiency in varied formats: academic journals, grant proposals, journalism. Applicants will be asked to provide writing samples.
• Skills in data visualization (Gapminder, Plotly, Tableau Public, and desktop publishing (e.g., Adobe Indesign)
• Ability to work independently
• Experience in designing and implementing social media strategies and their evaluation
Email cover letter and resume with subject line: Dissemination Coordinator to: