Posted On: March 26, 2019
Media Organization: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Research Intensive Medical School
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job ID 2019-11758
Posting Date 2019-02-22
Employee Classification Exempt
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A fulltime faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peerreviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multicounty ambulatory network, a new stateof the art "hospital without beds", a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
We are seeking a full-time Dissemination Coordinator for our RFK CERC affiliated University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) and Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disorders (LEND) programs. RFK CERC serves more than 5,000 persons with developmental disabilities and their families, the majority of whom are from under-served communities in the Bronx.
The Dissemination Coordinator will work across the UCEDDand LEND programs to:
• Develop and implement a social media plan. Define target audience(s), goals, integrate with other communication tools, and track user metrics. Disseminate Interdisciplinary Training and Continuing Education, Research, Exemplary Service and Public Policy/Advocacy materials.;
• Redesign and maintain a current, visually appealing, cohesive and user-friendly website that integrates information on programs and activities.;
• Use conferences, professional presentations, print and video media, internet, webinars, social media and other modes of communication to increase public awareness of work;
• Overseeand disseminate resource inventories for health, social, advocacy and other services for persons with disabilities, e.g., educational materials (e.g., tip sheets), community resources (e.g. City special education programs).;
• Incorporate the concept of universl design and ensure that resources are available in multiple accessible formats and in a culturally competent manner.;
• Involve people with developmental disabilities and families, including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, in the development of products and resources that are disseminated.
• College degree required. Five years experience in marketing, media or philanthropy.
Skills and Competencies
• Superior attention to detail and organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional ability to multitask
• Ability to direct and oversee the maintenance of the RFK CERC website, related websites, webinars, and other dissemination vehicles
• Ability to use all forms of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) for dissemination purposes
Scope of Responsibility
• All CERC faculty and staff
• All CERC patients and families
• AUCD, ACL and HRSA
• Outside agencies, i.e. schools, hospitals, etc
Apply Here: Click2apply.net/wj484d82brvn9vq4