Posted On: March 28, 2019
Media Organization: Transparentem
Transparentem is a discreet, non-profit unit that illuminates supply chains and spurs eradication of human and environmental abuses. We use frontline investigative reporting and forensic methods in compliance with international ethical standards. A public service initiative, Transparentem is a sentinel, not a saboteur, to industries at inflection points. We believe that securing and improving the lives and environments of workers at all tiers of off-shored industry must start with independent, methodical inquiry.
We are seeking an Analyst to join our investigative team, which investigates human rights violations (including labor trafficking and child labor) and environmental abuses in manufacturing supply chains. The Analyst will work with field staff and other members of the Transparentem team to plan investigations and conduct research drawing on a variety of sources, including investigative reports, shipping data, news articles, economic data, industry sources, and government documents. The Analyst will organize, assimilate, and evaluate evidence collected in Transparentem investigations and draft detailed reports documenting key findings.
The Analyst will report to the Deputy Vice President of Investigations.
What We’re Looking For:
This is a challenging role that requires total discretion, as well as strong investigative, analytical, writing, and organizational skills. We are looking for individuals with:
• 3-7 years of experience in an investigative or analytical role;
• Experience assimilating a broad range of data types, including interviews, news articles, and government sources;
• A solid grounding in human rights and labor issues; a background in supply chain issues is ideal;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong fact-checking skills and extraordinary attention to detail;
• Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work autonomously;
• A strong sense of mission;
• Unimpeachable integrity and a commitment to the rigorous protection of sources;
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience;
• Fluency in English required; proficiency in additional languages preferred;
• US work authorization required.
The ideal candidate will also have:
• Experience in supply chain tracking and analysis (through shipping records, bills of lading, data bases, industry sources, etc.);
• Experience in requesting and obtaining public records, preferably both within in the U.S. and internationally;
• Experience with social media tracking and user-generated content tools;
• Familiarity with an array of financial records, database systems, and relationship-mapping software.
Transparentem is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested candidates to apply. Please apply directly on our website, www.transparentem.com/position-openings.