Posted On: April 4, 2019
Media Organization: Tricycle Foundation
For nearly 30 years, the Tricycle Foundation has shared Buddhist teachings and practices with the general public, engaging the broader culture from a Buddhist perspective. Tricycle is the publisher of Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, an independent quarterly magazine, and daily content at tricycle.org. Tricycle also produces online courses, events, and more.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Web Editor, who will be responsible for working with the Web Editor to create and curate content for Tricycle’s website, the Tricycle Talks podcast, and social media. The ideal candidate will be ceaselessly curious (especially about Buddhist philosophy and the Buddhist communities across the world), have superb writing and editing skills, and a passion for current events.
This position is full-time and based in our NYC office.
- Write and schedule posts for Tricycle’s social media accounts, with a focus on Facebook and Twitter
- Pitch, report, and write original articles
- Identify and edit book excerpts and other reprintable material
- Help upload and format articles for Tricycle’s website, including proofreading, and write SEO
- Screen article submissions and pitches
- Research photography and art; handle permissions as necessary
- Perform occasional research for Tricycle Talks podcast and manage recording scheduling
- At least 1 year of editorial experience
- Knowledge of Buddhist history, philosophy, and practice across traditions
- Familiarity with SEO and best practices
- Familiarity with developing and deploying a brand voice on social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter plus two Tweets you’d write for the article below to email@example.com with the subject line “Assistant Web Editor.”