Posted On: August 16, 2019
Media Organization: TODAY Digital - NBCUniversal
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
TODAY Digital is seeking a thorough, self-motivated editor who has a passion for digital story-telling and journalism. This person understands the need for detail-oriented editing, and has a comprehensive knowledge of AP style. You should be a news junkie with a passion for lifestyle and pop culture. You should have experience news editing, line editing and headline writing. You should also have a flair for the fun, creative and unexpected in text, data visualization and multimedia. You will be partnering with a team of digital video producers, so experience in video storytelling is a plus.
Work with the editorial and original video teams to ensure that video content follows AP Style and TODAY Digital Style guides. QC and copy edit text for articles, in addition to reviewing and editing text in videos. Check for consistency with our style guide, as well as audio, visual issues in video. Write and edit headlines and captions for broadcast videos. This is a Mon-Fri, dayside position.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 4+ of professional experience in journalism
• Comprehensive knowledge of AP Style
• Proven news judgment and high ethical standards
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
• Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication skills.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools.
Please email resume/cover letter to Mathias.Kook@nbcuni.com or apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1375431759/?trk=cap_redirect