Posted On: December 4, 2019
Media Organization: Princeton University
Princeton University is a private Ivy League research university in Princeton, New Jersey. Founded in 1746 in Elizabeth as the College of New Jersey, Princeton is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States and one of the nine colonial colleges chartered before the American Revolution.
The Princeton Alumni Weekly is searching for an experienced journalist and strategic thinker with superior digital and social-media skills to become the magazine's digital editor. This editor also has responsibility for assigning and editing PAW's print and online sports coverage.
The person in this position will have a major role in the development of a strategic plan for PAW's digital engagement and has day-to-day responsibility for PAW's online presence and social-media initiatives. Consulting with the managing editor, the digital editor takes the lead role in ensuring that PAW has quality content at PAW Online, in promoting reader engagement through social media, and in measuring the results. Along with the editor and managing editor, the digital editor works toward the goal of increasing PAW's online alumni audience.
The digital editor reports to the editor and also takes direction from the managing editor.
• Oversee all content posted to the magazine's website, paw.princeton.edu, including stories and images from the print magazine and web-exclusive features.
• Strategize with the editor and managing editor on ways to strengthen digital engagement.
• Assign and guide PAW staff and freelance writers, photographers, and interns in the creation of web-exclusive stories, slide shows, and audio/video features.
• Create, edit, and publish email newsletters (approximately 60 per year).
• Plan, assign, and edit coverage of Princeton sports for the print magazine and the website.
• Manage social-media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
• Record and edit interviews for PAWcast, the magazine's monthly Q&A podcast.
• Write promotional text for the print magazine to highlight online features.
• Manage digital advertisements using Google Ad Manager.
• Track website and social-media statistics and provide regular reports to the staff and the PAW board.
• Work with an outside design group to make periodic improvements and updates to the website.
• As time permits, report and write stories for the print magazine and the website.
• Bachelor's degree.
• At least five years experience in journalism, including significant digital experience.
• A significant portion of experience must be in editing.
• Experience creating podcasts and multimedia content.
• Experience managing social-media accounts.
• Demonstrated ability in the following areas: AP style; spelling, grammar, punctuation; news writing; time management.
• Content-management /website skills required for oversight of PAW Online.
• Interest in collegiate sports.
• Personal traits: Curiosity, tact, and diplomacy. Able to work successfully with a wide range of people. Professional demeanor.
• Experience in sports-writing and/or editing
• Experience with Drupal, WordPress, SEO.
• Experience with Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, and other Adobe applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of Princeton University and its alumni, history, traditions, activities, and athletics.
• Interest in and knowledge of issues in higher education.
• Established relationships with campus news sources.
• Experience working with college students.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LA
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d8vkck9b6m9b3sw6