Posted On: February 18, 2020
Media Organization: World Science Festival
About World Science:
World Science produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, the World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than two million visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
World Science live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, World Science launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is our online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, doing business as World Science and headquartered in New York City.
World Science Festival is an innovative multi-media organization that produces original live, broadcast and digital content straddling the arenas of science, art, media, performance, journalism and education.
With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, the Senior Editorial Booking Producer will play a leading role in the creation of world-class programming, featuring high-level experts, outstanding creative talent, inspired collaborations and innovative production techniques to bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience
The Senior Editorial Booking Producer will have primary responsibility for driving editorial planning and shaping of World Science programming by identifying the most compelling stories and scientific developments and by securing strong, high-level participants. He/she/they will manage and oversee all participant outreach and booking for all platforms and events including the flagship World Science Festival in New York; World Science Festival in Brisbane, Australia; year-round live programming in NYC and around the world; and broadcast and digital productions.
The Senior Editorial Booking Producer is a NY-based position.
• Cultivate, book and maintain relationships with world-renowned scientific leaders including Nobel Laureates and groundbreaking researchers, as well as luminaries from academia, the arts and other disciplines represented in WSF programming. Target bookings are wide-ranging: from scientists, educators, authors, political and governmental officials, media and business leaders to award-winning composers, directors, and internationally acclaimed performing artists in television, film and stage.
• Research, report, conceptualize and structure provocative, multimedia program concepts with clarity and editorial sophistication.
• Collaborate with media department to create visuals, short form pieces and other media elements for live programs.
• Conduct pre-interviews and prepare background information, research and editorial outline for moderators.
• Work closely with marketing and PR departments to promote WSF programs.
• Stay abreast of science news by carefully following current events, breakthrough research, key players, and cutting edge issues related to science.
• Ensure that diverse voices, ideas and perspectives are reflected in the programming subject matter, participants and moderators.
• Manage and direct all participant booking across all platforms, including oversight, guidance and management of participant bookings in partner Festivals.
• Hire, train, mentor and supervise staff and freelance producers, AP’s and PA’s.
The Successful Candidate:
• Must be a creative, energetic and experienced producer with proven editorial chops including strong research, reporting, booking and story development skills.
• Must have extensive contacts across multiple disciplines and fields as well as a proven ability to establish and maintain new relationships with experts and sources.
• Must have extensive editorial and booking experience in non-fiction, informational programming at a major media or journalistic organization, preferably in broadcast, radio, podcasts or high-level, thought-leadership events. Experience in science journalism a plus.
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator.
• Must be a team player and self-starter with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and multitasking ability.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with, guide and manage international partners on editorial and participant matters.
• Must enjoy a creative, fast-paced, intellectually charged environment and remain flexible and unflappable under deadline pressure.
• Must have passion and discipline to follow developments in science by tracking mainstream media, scientific journals and original reporting, and must possess sophisticated editorial judgment and story instinct.
• Must have the ability and willingness to travel if necessary.
Please email applications to email@example.com with “Senior Editorial Booking Producer” in the subject line.
• Cover letter
• Salary Requirements
• Where you found this job posting
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.