Posted On: December 11, 2020
Media Organization: ServiceNow
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion and is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that
getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud-based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As a member of our Storytelling & Engagement team, you will be responsible for reporting on research and trends for our award-winning brand publication, Workflow.
You will analyze Tableau and Excel spread sheets to lead the development of narratives and stories from thought leadership research, and pitch the most relevant stories based on ServiceNow’s market positioning and priorities.
You will be looked to as a subject matter expert, having spent significant time mining the data to deeply understand our research and audience, and how it provides insights for both our publication readers and the business.
You will be able to tell those stories primarily through writing articles, but should also be able to write talking points, manage the creative development of PowerPoint decks, and create social media posts.
This is a contract role, with opportunity in a growing organization.
What You Get To Do In This Role
• You will be a highly visible brand journalist and prolifically report on technology and business trends relevant to C-Suite leaders and address ServiceNow’s market positioning and priorities. You will report about 4-5 stories per week.
• You will be trusted to spot the most compelling stories in a spreadsheet, and translate them for various audience through print articles, PowerPoints, talking points, and social media. You will also bring a journalistic lens to untapped data sources to tell external- facing stories, including internal product research, sales meetings, marketing events, etc.
• You will curate and edit key landing pages, writing headlines, copyediting, and story selection. You will repackage archived and cross-team content that is relevant to our audiences to include, as well.
• You will partner with a digital marketer to ensure the packages and research articles optimize on our reader data.
• You will be able to add value to new and fast-turn projects by re-evaluating existing databases and surfacing timely insights.
• You will project manage our research agency to ensure the timely delivery of data and fact check all reporting.
• You will bring a valued external point of view and curiosity that fosters stronger storytelling for our readers.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• At least five years reporting and editing experience, preferably for a newswire or daily publishing channel.
• Reported on data previously and effectively contextualized trends, with clips.
• Proven success in a deadline-driven and detail-oriented environment.
• At least two years of experience copy editing or demonstrated little to no need of being
• One to two years of experience in a corporate setting.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org