Posted On: March 15, 2021
Media Organization: Ming Jing News
Mingjing News is a New York-based Chinese-language news website owned by Mirror Media Group. Its editor-in-chief is Ho Pin.
Stories broken by Mingjing News include predicting appointments to the Chinese Communist Party's Politburo Standing Committee in 2012, and reporting the revelations surrounding Zhou Yongkang in 2014.
The site was the subject of a denial-of-service attack by the Great Cannon of China in 2017.
Looking for an intern to help operate a new YouTube channel geared towards millennials and Gen-Xers, especially in the Chinese-Americans demographic. The channel, 2ND Gen, just launched February of 2021. The channel has 18k subscribers and growing. Our parent company, Ming Jing news, has 200k subscribers.
The channel has 4 types of shows—a 5-minute animated explanatory video showing how America works, a companion video to explain in depth the animated video, a weekly live show discussing current events and the audience-favorite, which is interviews featuring prominent members of the Asian-American community.
You will learn how to:
1. Operate a YouTube channel
2. Research and compile reputable sources for content
3. Edit videos
4. Find and book guests
5. Produce a show from scratch
6. Understand intellectual property rights and copyright
7. Draft interview questions
8. Draft scripts
9. Depending on the intern’s talent, intern may even host or co-host some episodes
10. Operate the equipment at our TV studio once the state permits us to safely open again—studio has been closed due to COVID
Send an email with the subject line “Internship Application - [Your Name, School]” to LiberatedPanda@huopailive.com and copy AngelTangNY@gmail.com.
1. Your resume
2. A list of relevant skills (e.g., good with graphic design, good with animation, knows how to edit etc.)
3. Dates and times you will be available to intern
4. Language(s) that you speak fluently
5. Why you think you would be a good fit for this internship