Posted On: April 15, 2021
Media Organization: Topix Media Lab
We are an independent publishing house that creates magazines and nonfiction books for some of the most iconic names in print and beyond. Our portfolio includes collaborations with high-profile brands such as the Smithsonian Institution, John Wayne, Wild Kratts and MuggleNet, as well as award-winning and bestselling authors like Sother Teague, Steve Spangler, and others.
Topix Media Lab/Media Lab Books is looking for a junior copy editor/fact checker to join our editorial and production departments. The ideal candidate is fresh out of college and/or a few years into their career, and has a desire to be a key player in a growing company.
The junior copy editor will assist in all aspects of magazine production, but will primarily fact check stories, copy edit and proofread pages for style and tone. We are seeking an energetic, self-sufficient individual with an extraordinary ability to juggle multiple projects at once and work quickly while maintaining a high quality. Your can-do attitude will serve you well. So will your sense of humor.
• intimate knowledge of both AP and Chicago styles
• familiarity with inDesign
• ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• strong attention to detail
• keen eye for grammar and punctuation
• research chops beyond checking the first page of Google Search results
• a creative sensibility
• the ability to repeatedly point out people’s mistakes without seeming like a know-it-all
• a sense of humor
If you’re interested in joining our team, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com