Posted On: May 13, 2021
Media Organization: Visions2030
Visions2030 is a visionary, evolving organization dedicated to harnessing the artistic imagination to forge new paradigms and new models of society. We believe in “dreaming forward,” formulating positive futures—even wildly unrealistic ones. Moving beyond the dystopian, we embrace formulating positive solutions. Our watchwords are vision, collaboration, positivity, inclusivity, and anarchy.
Status: Freelance, Part-time, 15-20 hrs per week
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Visions2030 is seeking an experienced editor that is comfortable working collaboratively to join our team and work with the Founder to develop content, identify images and copy-edit a semi-monthly Substack publication.
- In coordination with Visions2030 Founder and Team, plan, assign, write, and copy-edit content for the Substack publication
- Work with Founder to devise visuals for Newsletter
- Support Communication manager in reviewing and copy-editing outgoing outreach including: press releases, letters, website copy, and other promotional material
- Verify, and if necessary, obtain publishing rights for images, audio, video clips etc
- Manage editorial calendar, delegate timeline and deadlines
First-class copy-editing and proofreading skills
Experience working in an editorial capacity in print media, preferably in journalism
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong writing skills
Some knowledge of digital platforms
Strong visual sense
Some layout design knowledge
Resilience and imagination
Please email: a short statement describing your interest and qualifications, particularly in terms of copy-editing, along with 2-3 recent writing samples and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.