Posted On: September 15, 2021
Media Organization: Public.com
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we’re making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we’re looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
We are looking for an Editorial Coordinator with 1-3 years of experience to join the Editorial team at Public.com. This person should have a background in news production, journalism, or reporting with experience in planning and creating content in financial news specifically. In this role, you’ll drive operations for our daily Public Live audio show programs and Town Hall events, which are in-app Q&As with public company executives.
The Editorial team at Public is a fast-growing team within the Marketing organization that is focused on bringing accessible and educational information to Public’s 1 million+ member community of investors. This role is an ideal fit for a news-minded individual who wants to build something special at the intersection of media and technology.
The role is based in New York.
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional attention to detail. As Editorial Coordinator, you’ll run the operations of Editorial formats like Public Live audio shows and community Town Halls. We need someone who has extremely high standards for accuracy and can manage multiple projects at a given time. This individual will also demonstrate polish and professionalism when working with talent, guests, and other partners.
- Power-consumer of financial news and trends. In this role, you’ll also support our Editorial team with programming (coming up with topics for coverage), guest booking, and other content. This person should have a pulse on market news and an eye for emerging voices in the space. We need someone with a genuine interest in building the future of financial news: understanding what modern retail investors are looking to learn and knowing the formats, topics, and voices that will best deliver on that need.
- Strong writer able to translate concepts for various formats and audiences. This person should be a strong news writer that is able to share ideas succinctly and without overly complex jargon. Their writing skills can be adapted for audio, video, and written formats.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day operations for Public Live audio shows: booking and onboarding speakers, writing session titles and descriptions, working with Design to create promotional assets, and more.
- Managing operations for Public Town Halls: Working with internal teams and executives at publicly traded companies to facilitate Public Town Hall Q&As in the app.
- Support programming ideation and outreach: Consistently bring new topics and themes to the table for Editorial coverage, which involves identifying and booking new voices in financial news and defining trending topics.
- Contribute to Editorial content for our members, including Market Recaps, IPO and earnings debriefs, and evergreen educational content across formats like in-app messages, push notifications, emails, blog posts, videos, and more.
- Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.
Please apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/public/jobs/4699480003