Posted On: December 3, 2021
Media Organization: The McMahon Group LLC
McMahon Group offers clinical newspapers, educational projects and custom media in a wide range of medical specialties. The 250,000 clinicians who receive our publications, almost all of which rank first in syndicated readership scores, and visit our websites recognize McMahon Group as a trusted source for timely, cutting-edge medical news and education.
McMahon Group is looking for a detail oriented, highly organized editorial candidate who can work independently but also collaborate with sales/publishing team and complete all assigned tasks on schedule.
Editorial position offers potential career growth opportunity
This position is currently remote, but there is a likelihood of future occasional team meetings in our NYC office.
Responsibilities for associate editor include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Edit news articles for web and print newspaper (AP style). *
* Knowledge of oncology and pharmacy a major plus
* Page-proof print publications using InCopy, Adobe and related tools
* Write news articles for web and print: features, meeting coverage, FDA approvals, etc
* Post articles to web as needed using proprietary Content Management System
* Attend 4-5 medical/pharmacy meetings per year, help coordinate news coverage
* Establish topics based on editorial board/publication team collaboration for annual edition of clinician-written reviews; find authors; track and edit manuscripts (AMA style); adhere to production schedule and manage all key production steps
* Attend and participate in annual editorial board meetings
* Capture video and post at meetings; develop and post podcasts and other multimedia content
Skills and Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree (required) in
English/Journalism/Communications; advanced degree and clinical experience desirable
* 5+ years of journalism/communication experience covering complex medical/health topics.
* Strong detail-oriented writing and editing skills, including the ability to adapt material for multiple channels (print and digital)
* An eye for sharp, engaging leads/headlines and an ability to fact-check and ensure fair balance.
* Ability to manage multiple projects across different therapeutic areas and markets
* A strong team player who can work independently but also collaborate with sales/publishing team and complete all assigned tasks on schedule
* Ability to work with social media editor to promote print and web content, boost website traffic and build brand awareness
* Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and grace under pressure
* Knowledge of video-editing programs like Final Cut Pro
Please email resume and salary requirements to Jeannie Moyer (email@example.com)