Posted On: December 1, 2021
Created by, and for women, SHE Media is a mission-driven media company reaching 80 million unique visitors per month. SHE Media publishes inspiring and informative lifestyle content ranging from health, career and entertainment to food and family. Through our flagship editorial sites and our proprietary SHE Media Partner Network of hand-picked publishers and top lifestyle creators, we produce digital and live media content that connects and inspires millions of people.
SHE Media encompasses a family of leading media properties and a network of premium publishers and independent content creators. In addition to our flagship editorial sites, SheKnows, STYLECASTER and Soaps.com, SHE Media’s BlogHer is home to the world’s leading content and event platform with a mission to provide economic empowerment for all women.
SHE Media is hiring a remote part-time Entertainment Writer to join STYLECASTER’s editorial team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about a wide range of entertainment content, including TV, movies, music and celebrity news. The Entertainment Writer should be traffic-minded and have excellent news judgment, the ability to write clean and fast copy, and knowledge of SEO best practices. The Entertainment Writer will report to the Entertainment Editor and Senior Entertainment Editor and is expected to pitch and write 4 to 5 articles per shift during the week, and will be expected to eventually self-publish over the weekend.
The Fine Print:
- Ability to commit to a set schedule of five shifts per week for a total of 28 hours, including self-publishing shifts on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- A clean, fast writer who can complete 4-5 stories each day (typically 350-600 words).
- A passion for entertainment and pop culture, covering everything from celebrity relationships and the British royal family, to streaming guides and new music releases.
- Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics, SEO, and service and evergreen angles.
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
Interested applicants should email our Entertainment Editor, Jenzia Burgos, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PT ENT WRITER" plus their first and last name. Please include a resume, brief bio, relevant clips and availability for the 28 hours per week, including any weekend availability.