Posted On: December 1, 2021
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: New York Post
The New York Post has been telling stories for over 200 years. Every day, we work relentlessly to uncover and tell the stories you can’t resist. Stories that shape your world. That make you smile. That cause you to share.
Founded as a newspaper, the New York Post has evolved into a national digital brand. Our flagship sites, nypost.com and pagesix.com, and all of our digital products and social channels, are infused with the flavor and style of the original newspaper, but also purpose-built for the digital age.
Decider.com, a New York Post Digital Network property, is seeking an editorial intern to join our team! This is an opportunity to get hands-on editorial, social and product experience on a rapidly growing digital property. This is a paid internship, and one that is also eligible for credit. Work schedule is flexible based upon the candidate and Decider team’s needs.
- Conduct research for content that the Decider staff is working on (articles, lists, video)
- Gather and edit digital assets (still images, screencaps, GIFs, videos) for publication
- Participate in content planning meetings by pitching new ideas for blog posts, galleries, videos, and stand-alone social media executions
- Execute ideas that have been approved for publication on Decider.com and their respective social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Assist Decider’s Social Media Editor in developing and optimizing site’s social media strategy
- Excellent knowledge of pop culture landscape, both past and present
- Creativity and flexibility
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- Excellent time-management
- Eager team player
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop required; familiarity with WordPress extremely beneficial
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.