Posted On: April 6, 2022
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: G/O Media
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The A.V. Club and the Inventory, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O Media is seeking sharp, curious, and fun aspiring journalists and media professionals to join us for our 2022 Internship Program.
This is a paid internship for juniors, seniors, and graduate students. This internship will take place take place May 16, 2022, through August 18, 2022.
The pay is $15/hour.
Each intern is assigned to a specific site or to our Social/Video/Podcasts teams.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Social Media chops and a good understanding of use of visuals, particularly video
- A knowledge of and passion for some or many of our journalism brands
- Previous journalism internships or body of work on campus/off-campus publications, preferably digital
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Please apply directly to G/O Media's Job board at https://boards.greenhouse.io/gomedia