Posted On: September 20, 2022
Media Organization: The Jain Family Institute
JFI is an applied research organization in the social sciences. We work to bring just and equitable research and policy from conception in theory to implementation in society. Our current initiatives include applied research in higher education finance, guaranteed income, digital ethics, and macroeconomic research.
JFI is firmly committed to the principle of Equal Opportunity Opportunity (EEO). We believe that the quality of our work and research is immensely strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, and more. We actively seek and welcome applicants who identify as BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and people at the intersection and peripheries of these identities, and from across the spectrum of disciplines. For details about our staff and current projects, see http://www.jainfamilyinstitute.org.
The Center for Active Stewardship (CAS) is a new organization incubated by the Jain Family Institute (JFI). CAS is studying the role of corporate governance in shaping the private sector’s response to climate change.
We believe that the asset management industry has a powerful role to play in steering the economy toward an emissions pathway that will make the worst projected impacts of climate change less likely. To that end, we are building tools for asset owners, asset managers, third-party distributors, and policymakers to evaluate how institutional investors are voting their proxies on climate-related issues.
We are seeking a PR & Editorial Fellow to support this crucial work. This is a 6-month, part-time commitment, carrying a stipend of $17,500, with renewal highly likely based on performance and the needs of the project. The PR & Editorial Fellow will lead initiatives to broaden the CAS’s public visibility and impact. You will be working with a small, entrepreneurial team primarily focused on launching CAS.
You are probably a good fit for this position if you are a skilled writer and communicator, are interested in learning more about the intersection of finance and climate action, and can leverage past experience in journalism, copy-editing, editing, or other communications-adjacent fields.
This position is designed as a hybrid/remote role, though there will be opportunities to work from our Manhattan office if desired.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to write clear, engaging copy on a tight timeline
- Aptitude at managing long-term, highly independent workstreams
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience communicating quantitative and/or technical research findings to a lay audience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Past professional experience as a journalist or PR professional actively working with / pitching journalists
- Familiarity with key outlets covering finance, business, and climate / environmental issues
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Stipend of $17,500, paid in biweekly installments for six months with the possibility of renewal based on performance and subject to project needs
- Opportunities to join conversations and events connected to JFI’s broader work, including events with academics, public policy practitioners, and representatives from other related organizations
Please submit a resume, brief introductory note, and optional writing sample via the link: https://apply.workable.com/j/5A02E26BF2