Posted On: April 12, 2023
Media Organization: Document Journal
Document Journal is an independent magazine with a focus on art, culture, and fashion that publishes biannually in book form and daily online.
We are seeking an Assistant Editor to join our team. They will be responsible for helping to oversee the editorial process from pitch to publication and ensuring the quality and accuracy of all content.
- Assist with the curation and production of digital and print content
- Work closely with the editorial team to develop and execute editorial calendar and content plans
- Generate story ideas and pitch
- Write clean, engaging, and thoughtful copy and edit articles, interviews, and other editorial content for print and digital platforms
- Conduct research and interviews for assigned stories
- Fact-check and proofread all editorial content before publication
- Collaborate with designers and photographers on visual content to accompany articles
- Attend industry events, fashion shows, and exhibitions as needed
- Strong writing and editing skills with attention to detail; 1-2 years editorial experience is encouraged
- Opinionated and knowledgeable in culture, art, and fashion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in digital media and social media platforms
Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Please apply with your resume, a brief cover letter, and writing samples to Megan Hullander (email@example.com).