Posted On: April 12, 2023
Media Organization: Payload
Payload is a media brand focusing on covering the business and policy of space. Our goal is to provide the best analysis and coverage of the space industry for investors, industry executives, and policymakers. We are backed by Winklevoss Capital, Andy Weissman, Sam McIngvale and many other investors.
This role is ideal for an entrepreneurial journalist looking for their first journalism role. We’re a small team (for now), so we want to work with a self-starter who plays nicely with a well-knit group. Space is a $350 billion industry that's projected to grow to over $1 trillion in 5 years. We believe we’re providing essential coverage for an industry at an inflection point. We’re looking for someone to help ideate, research, report, and write. Help us take this media vertical to the next level.
In this role, you will:
• Create original content and analysis. Conduct research to support development of key stories and inform longer-term projects.
• Use social media to distribute content through multiple channels
• Assist in writing and curating a daily newsletter
• Develop and engage a source network of industry insiders to fuel content strategy and news coverage
• Help grow and engage our community of readers
• Contribute to editorial strategy
• Interest in business journalism
• Interest/knowledge in space, politics, and business preferred
• Ability to quickly fact-check content and evaluate the credibility of source material
• Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms to engage with the target audience
Please email two writing samples and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.