Posted On: July 28, 2023
Media Organization:Archdiocese of New York
ORGANIZATION AND DEPARTMENT: Archdiocese of New York – The Good Newsroom
The Archdiocese of New York serves the pastoral and spiritual needs of 2.5 million Catholics in nearly 300 parishes throughout three boroughs of New York City and seven counties to the north. The Good NewsroomTM is the digital news outlet of the Archdiocese, which was launched in late November 2022 to better communicate with the Archdiocese’s faithful, as well as the broader community, by providing daily updates and stories about the good works of the Catholic Church within the region. The newsroom reaches and informs many thousands of people via its dedicated website, social media channels, App, and e-newsletter.
Learn more at thegoodnewsroom.org.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Assistant Director of Media will spearhead the development of a robust and strategic Hispanic communications and public relations program.
The ADM will be experienced in Hispanic media relations, community building, and multi-channel-communications planning and implementation.
S/he will be team oriented and a self-starter, with excellent English and Spanish written and verbal communication skills. The ADM will be social media savvy and possess proven project management skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and key colleagues, develop a comprehensive public relations /communications program, targeted to Hispanic audiences.
• Use best-practices protocols to develop and implement the PR/Communications strategy.
• Leverage the Newsroom’s multi-channel content and information for Hispanic audiences and external media organizations.
• Work with external agencies and internal stakeholders to develop messaging that is aligned with the culture and norms of the organization.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the media, community members, and other influencers to advance the reputation of the Archdiocese of New York.
• Contribute to the management of the departmental budget and other financial measures.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or other related fields is required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in journalism and/or communications is required.
• Must be proficient in both written and verbal English and Spanish.
• Has successfully tailored specific messages/stories to unique targeted audiences.
• Has developed and successfully implemented a PR/communications program for Hispanic media.
• Experience with multi-channel-communications planning and management, as well as with systems and processes that support a high-functioning PR program.
• Demonstrated creativity in conceiving new content and messaging and leveraging it across multiple platforms.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church and some familiarity with the Archdiocese of New York is required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout the geographic region of the Archdioceses of New York. Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings.
• Writing tests in both English and Spanish will be required.
The compensation package is competitive, with a comprehensive package of health and employee benefits.
Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter as attachments to:
Ms. Dale Corey, Director of Research
3D Leadership, LLC
The cover letter should not be more than one page and should include information on why you are interested in joining the Archdiocese of New York, as well as what makes you uniquely qualified for the position. Please provide English and Spanish versions of the cover letter.
The Archdiocese of New York is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.