Posted On: July 28, 2023
Media Organization:Archdiocese of New York
ORGANIZATION AND DEPARTMENT: Archdiocese of New York – The Good Newsroom
The Archdiocese of New York serves the pastoral and spiritual needs of 2.5 million Catholics in nearly 300 parishes throughout three boroughs of New York City and seven counties to the north. The Good NewsroomTM is the digital news outlet of the Archdiocese, which was launched in late November 2022 to better communicate with the Archdiocese’s faithful, as well as the broader community, by providing daily updates and stories about the good works of the Catholic Church within the region. The newsroom reaches and informs many thousands of people via its dedicated website, social media channels, App, and e-newsletter.
Learn more at thegoodnewsroom.org.
Reporting to the Webmaster, the Digital Communications Specialist (DCS) will be responsible for the overall development and distribution of the newsroom’s e-newsletter. The DCS will contribute to website maintenance and the repurposing of content through numerous digital channels. S/he will provide backup to the Webmaster, as needed.
S/he will be social media savvy and possess excellent project management skills, along with experience in digital-channel communications and analytical dashboard reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with the Newsroom team and design resources, manage the development of the weekly e-newsletter, including copywriting, when required.
• Develop an e-newsletter weekly plan consistent with the content of the Newsroom’s editorial calendar.
• Develop ideas for additional e-newsletters and present action plans to be considered by management.
• Work as part of a team that plans and coordinates messages across all channels.
• Create and disseminate unique email messaging to targeted audiences.
• Manage the increase the database of subscribers to the e-newsletter and other digital-communications efforts.
• Provide backup for the Webmaster and managers of other social media channels, as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or other related fields is desirable, but not required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ work experience that includes exposure to digital marketing, digital-content management, and editorial planning.
• Experience with e-newsletter planning/development and reporting. Database reporting and maintenance of analytical dashboards is preferred. Adept at Google Analytics.
• Experience with website design and management, social media-content development, and digital publishing. Expertise in WordPress.
• Demonstrated creativity in conceiving new content and leveraging it across multiple digital platforms and audiences.
• Ability to tailor communication styles to appropriate audiences and platforms.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church and some familiarity with the Archdiocese of New York is required.
• Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
• A writing test will be required.
The compensation package is competitive, with a comprehensive package of health and employee benefits.
Please e-mail your resume, along with a one-page cover letter describing why you are interested in joining the Archdiocese of New York and The Good Newsroom, as well as what makes you uniquely qualified for the position, to:
Ms. Dale Corey, Director of Research
3D Leadership, LLC
The Archdiocese of New York is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.