Posted On: September 21, 2023
Media Organization: Finixio
Finixio is one of the world's leading media companies. We run leading news and media brands across tech, gaming, sports and finance in more than 20+ different languages. We are a global and fully remote company with over 400 people working from home worldwide.
*Work from anywhere on the planet! Our HQ is in London but have teams working remotely all over the world.*
Cryptonews.com is a leading online publication of ours dedicated to providing up-to-date news, analysis, and insights on the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. We are a trusted source for crypto enthusiasts, investors, and professionals looking to stay informed about the latest developments in the rapidly evolving world of digital assets
Are you a recent journalism graduate with a passion for journalism and a keen interest in the world of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology? Finixio's Cryptonews.com is seeking talented and motivated Junior Reporters to join our growing team. This role is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate who is just starting their career. It offers a fantastic platform for learning and gaining valuable experience in the field of journalism, particularly within the dynamic and ever-evolving world of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Joining Finixio's Cryptonews.com as a Junior Reporter means you'll have the chance to develop your writing skills, expand your industry knowledge, and work alongside experienced professionals who are passionate about what they do. It's a great stepping stone to kickstart your career in the exciting realm of digital assets and reporting.
- Conduct in-depth research on cryptocurrency market trends, projects, and news.
- Write engaging and accurate news articles, features, and analysis pieces.
- Cover breaking news events and provide real-time updates as needed.
- Conduct interviews with industry experts, thought leaders, and key figures in the crypto space.
- Transcribe and edit interview content for publication.
- Collaborate with senior editors to improve writing skills and journalistic techniques
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
- Monitor and track competitor news and trends.
- Work closely with the editorial team to brainstorm and develop story ideas.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field.
- Candidates with familiarity of how to make Freedom of Information Act requests and how to conduct financial reporting are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with shorthand and some knowledge of and interest in court reporting are especially encouraged to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional research and fact-checking abilities.
- An interest in and a basic understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Previous writing or journalism experience, even through internships or coursework, is a plus.
"What’s in it for me" we hear you ask?
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company, prepared to let you shine
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day (we more than welcome and support people with their own projects)
- Build an organisation right from the "beginning"
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy
- Truly remote working (Work anywhere in the world)
- 33/30 PTO to ensure that you are staying well-rounded & rested
- Market leading remuneration
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- An international team with over 40 nationalities
Based in Central London, but adopting a flexible and remote approach; Finixio is a Lead Generation and Affiliate Marketing company, building websites appealing to audiences worldwide. Our sites cover news, education, comparison and reviews, within the following exciting niches:
Forex & Online Trading
Stocks & Shares
Personal Finance, Loans, Banking
Cyber Security & Software Technology
Casino & Online Gaming
Health & Nutrition
As part of a wider group, Finixio was formed in 2018 and is currently home to over 100 Websites / Brands - with more in the pipeline. It is a fantastic time to join our team of specialist digital marketers. With proven track records in our respective fields - we are well-funded, highly profitable (yes, already!), and primed for significant growth.
At Finixio, we Value:
Entrepreneurial spirit: We take initiative and seek out new opportunity
Excellence: We strive for the best in everything we do
Collaboration: We believe the best ideas come from working together
Innovation: We embrace new ideas and technologies
Our Culture is:
Diverse and Inclusive
Committed to continuous learning and development
Focused on work-life balance and flexibility
Celebrate our success and learning from failures
Fun and supportive, where everyone is genuinely encouraged to be themselves
Excited about this opportunity? Apply NOW!
Finixio is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from ALL backgrounds.
To apply, send a resume and brief cover letter to Laura Vaughan-Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Initial phone screen with recruiter
2. Interview with the hiring manager
3. A task will be set with a given deadline