Posted On: September 15, 2010
Job Title: Associate Producer, Broadcast
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports To: Senior Producer
Status: Full Time, Regular, Exempt
The Associate Producer works with the Senior Producer and Producer to produce StoryCorps' weekly national broadcast on NPR's Morning Edition and other audio content to promote the project. The Associate Producer also assists in the creation of production schedules and broadcast plans, researches, pitches, and field reports StoryCorps interviews, and manages and prioritizes tape coming in through various StoryCorps recording sites. The Associate Producer is also responsible for editing staff and interns and supervising a Production Assistant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Produce stories for StoryCorps' national broadcast on Morning Edition, including fact checking and writing host copy
* Supervise one Production Assistant
* Train and edit staff and interns
* Research, pitch, and record StoryCorps interviews for potential production use
* Identify and track tape from recording booths for potential production use
* Provide department with production and administrative support
* Serve as an active member of the StoryCorps Production department, including participation in departmental meetings and interdepartmental project teams.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
* Minimum 2 years of work experience in producing audio for broadcast and the web
* Bachelor's degree
* Demonstrated expertise in non-linear, narrative, digital editing, including mixing music and audio; experience using ProTools is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Supervisory experience is a plus
* Ability to work as part of a team in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
* Willingness to travel
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable, and contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
* Belief and interest in the mission of the organization.
StoryCorps seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
All positions at StoryCorps are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are