Posted On: May 20, 2011
Media Organization: YourTango.com
YourTango is the leading lifestyle brand focused on love and relationships. Our mission is to help users live their best love lives through award-winning content, community, tools, and relationships experts.
Whether you are in a relationship, looking for love, or mending a broken heart, we invite you to join the conversation: YourTango.com, twitter.com/yourtango, youtube.com/yourtango or Facebook.com/YourTango.
YourTango.com is seeking a super talented, energetic editor that will write, edit, publish and oversee content for a major website that covers love and relationships. He/she should be expert at writing, editing and producing for the web, have experience managing writers/bloggers and be an ardent user of social media. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a start up environment and passionate about writing, editing, using social media, and helping to grow a women's lifestyle site. The role is based in NYC.
• Manage key editorial content areas, taking the lead with the managing editor in editing and idea generation
• Envisioning, writing and assigning columns, feature stories, slideshows, polls, quizzes and interactive features
• Writing and editing for Love Buzz, our news and trends blog
• Hed, dek and copywriting across the site
• Managing bloggers and freelance writers
• Tracking content performance on YourTango and other sites through search, syndication and social media
• Leverage social media to engage and grow YourTango’s audience
•Ability to produce engaging copy under tight deadlines
• Track record for creating addictive and engaging content in an online environment
• Experience managing and coordinating freelance contributors and other editors
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills
• Extremely detail-oriented
• A proven expertise using Twitter and Facebook to engage and grow an audience
• A positive attitude and openness to developing new expertise and taking on new challenges
• Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial atmosphere
• Passion for the subject and the opportunity. We are looking for someone who demonstrates a desire to truly own this critical role, someone who brings tremendous creativity, energy, and commitment to the position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, links to online clips, and compensation requirements. Email Brian Kroski, Chief Digital Officer at email@example.com