Posted On: August 1, 2013
Media Organization: Epicurious.com, Conde Nast Publications
Conde Nast is home to some of the world's most celebrated media brands. In the US, Conde Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, 27 web sites, 40 apps for mobile and tablet devices, and four business-to-business publications. Conde Nast has won more National Magazine Awards over the past ten years than all of its competitors combined.
The editorial internship is an unpaid internship that will provide the student(s) selected with first-hand exposure to digital publishing and food journalism and will supplement classroom studies.
The Epicurious intern will learn from experienced, talented professionals in the editorial department. Interns will receive real-world, hands-on experience from knowledgeable professionals. Among other things, interns will:
• Learn the essentials of digital publishing: writing and publishing best practices, SEO (search engine optimization), content management systems, and social media
• Contribute writing to the site
• Participate in editorial planning
• Curate and build recipe slideshows
• Assist with photo shoots, conduct photo research
• Research and fact-check editorial content
• Maintain the Epicurious reference library
• Help moderate and curate the Community Table blog
In addition to the items discussed above, interns must:
• Be currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year accredited US college or university and eligible to receive academic credit or an academic letter of support for the internship.
• Be available to participate in a 12 or 13 week internship from September to December for two days per week during the academic year.
• Demonstrate a strong interest in food writing (writing samples welcome) and a familiarity with Epicurious.com and its presence on social media channels such as Pinterest and Facebook
Interested candidates should contact Siobhan_Adcock@condenast.com and Patricia_Reilly@condenast.com.