Posted On: January 10, 2014
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Crain Communications, InvestmentNews
InvestmentNews is the leading information source for financial advisers. Our mission is to provide the financial advisory community with the highest quality news, analysis and industry intelligence - whenever, however, and wherever they need it.
InvestmentNews is a Crain Communications Inc publication which is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the US with over 28 different business, trade and consumer publications and websites within North America, Europe and Asia.
InvestmentNews is looking for a Digital Intern that is passionate about the next generation of online media and wants to jump head-first into the digital publishing world. As a digital intern, you will be joining the web and production teams at one of the industry’s most respected financial publications to create engaging digital content on a daily basis.
At InvestmentNews, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that reach hundreds of thousands of financial professionals, challenging your creativity with new and emerging media. You may find yourself designing an infographic one day and developing an interactive timeline the next.
Our ideal candidate will be interested in and capable with new technologies, and eager to learn about analyzing, creating and publishing content for the web.
• Capable with using HTML/CSS to enhance digital content
• Experience working within a content management system (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) to publish stories
• A strong interest in learning how to use and interpret digital analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Omniture and ChartBeat
• Proficient in MS Office
• Strong communication skills
• An interest in digital media
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator to create web-optimized graphics
Benefits and Perks
• Exposure to numerous technologies and media
• First-hand experience developing content for 300,000 monthly unique visitors
• Great office location – a block away from Grand Central Station in Midtown Manhattan
This is a paid internship that offers a flexible schedule and requires a minimum commitment of twenty-hours per week.
Apply online through the following link, https://re22.ultipro.com/CRA1001/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*593866C46CE16350