Posted On: January 13, 2014
Media Organization: Capgemini
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience - and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 44 countries, Capgemini reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion and employs over 125,000 people worldwide.
The Public Relations & External Communications Specialist (PR/ECS) will play a strategic support role that reports to the Capgemini North America Public Relations and External Communications Lead. The role can be based out of either New York City or Chicago. The PR/ECS will be responsible for supporting programs to foster positive positioning and proactive visibility of the Capgemini brand in the North American marketplace, by working with internal partners and internal clients and media partners. The PR/ECS will also support the thought leadership channel, corporate communications projects and relationships by identifying issues and developing content strategies in collaboration with marketing and communications leaders. In essence, the PR/ECS can be expected to serve as a Capgemini brand ambassador, effectively working to promote the positive mission, client success stories and insight we provide to our clients on a regular basis.
Ideal candidates should have:
• 2-4 years of total communications experience, which includes exposure to both corporate PR and agency environments
• Experience in the IT or technology-consulting services space is required
• Strong writing skills and thought leadership development experience
• Sound knowledge of PR, marketing, and corporate communications fundamentals
• Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of a diverse, geographically dispersed team
• Possess a sense of urgency, decisiveness and assertiveness in program management and content development
• Must be a self-starter, strategic thinker and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
• A BA/BS in a related discipline
Candidates can apply directly at http://www.capgemini.com/careers/jobs/013092-public-relations-external-communications-specialist.