Posted On: May 23, 2014
Media Organization: The Economist
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs.
We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services.
What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
Summary purpose of job
- This is a temporary, part-time (15-20 hour/week) position with The Economist Group’s Content Solutions unit
- The digital associate will support the distribution of content created through one of The Economist Group’s signature content marketing programs, GE Look ahead. Specifically, the digital associate will help to curate, frame, and populate the content in GE Look ahead’s multi-audience newsletter campaigns.
- Manage a database of GE Look ahead editorial and theme calendars
- Develop content for up to eight newsletters distributed throughout North America, Latin America, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe
- Develop customized social messaging to encourage sharing of the content featured in the newsletters
- Update basic html code daily in MailChimp newsletter templates
- Liaise with the GE Look ahead editorial team to develop newsletter-specific content
- Monitor daily newsletter results (open rates, click rates, subscribers, etc.) and be able to help the analytics team understand why certain content pieces performed well over a particular reporting period
- The digital associate will work closely with the GE Look ahead social media manager
The metrics against which the digital associate’s performance will be assessed include:
- Timely dissemination of the newsletters on a recurring basis
- Writing the content in the newsletters to high standards – typo-free, clearly communicated, and catchy.
- Maintenance of key newsletter metrics (i.e., open rates, click rates, etc.)
- Collegial relationships with other members of The Economist Group and GE Look ahead teams
Interested candidates should send their resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 30.