Posted On: May 28, 2014
Media Organization: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere. More information is available at http://www.unicef.org
New York, New York, United States
Applications from seasoned advocacy and strategic communication specialists are being sought to join a roster of consultants to work on various projects within the Public Advocacy section in UNICEF’s Division of Communication. S/he will support global communication initiatives related to UNICEF’s priorities and mandate to serve all children, particularly the most vulnerable, which may include education and gender equality, health and child survival, child protection, the Millennium Development Goals, the post-2015 agenda and others.
The consultancy includes many of the following components:
• Develop and implement communication strategies, particularly around campaigns, including messaging, audience analysis, and material production for key priorities.
• Provide strategic communication expertise to the development and execution of key UNICEF’s global communication initiatives.
• Explore and recommend ways to enhance UNICEF’s advocacy, communication and outreach efforts on strategic priorities of the organization.
• Help coordinate activities related to the development and management of websites.
• Maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
• Interact with project managers, staff, team members and vendors as appropriate.
• Write, develop and edit content for communication materials, such as human interest stories, brochures, reports and messages.
• Provide monitoring and evaluation updates and reports as needed.
• Travel as needed.
• Other activities as assigned.
• May be requested to work on weekends and holidays.
Qualified candidates are requested to email a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae in English AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ) along with the requested daily/monthly fee for their services to Diptesh Soni at email@example.com. Applications should be received by 11 June 2014. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.