Posted On: February 13, 2015
Media Organization: Time Warner Cable News - NY1 News
NY1 News is Time Warner Cable's 24-hour news channel in New York City. Available on Time Warner Cable throughout the five boroughs – and in parts of Westchester and Hudson Valley as well as Bergen and Hudson counties in New Jersey – NY1 covers the city with more than 40 full-time reporters.
NY1 is available to New York City's Time Warner Cable subscribers on channel 1 and in the "News & Info" category on channel 200. NY1's dedicated Rail and Road channel can be seen on channel 214 in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. Selected NY1 material can also be seen anytime on TWC's Local On Demand channel, 1020.
Under general supervision, conceives stories to add to our programming. Writes, edits, & copy edits. Reviews content of stories and checks for technical and factual errors, creative content, miscues, etc. Coordinates live shots. Line produces newscasts. Fills in for producers regularly. Directs reporters in the field. Assigns stories to writers for newscast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Uses news judgment to decide what stories to cover and how to present them.
• Ensures that all necessary elements on packages and live shots are delivered in a timely fashion.
• Evaluates resources needed for adequate coverage.
• Conceives stories to add to our programming.
• Writes and edits stories, teases, scripts, etc.
• Copy edits vos and vosots, reads scripts and reviews the final edited version of taped stories.
• Keeps informed on current issues by reading newspapers, wires, planning grid, monitoring wheel and reviewing packages.
• Edits VOs, SOTs and packages.
• Reviews content of stories and check for errors of fact, technical errors, creative content, miscues, editorial mistakes and all elements needed to deliver quality programming.
• Coordinates live shots.
• Line produces newscasts.
• Responsible for managing equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Two years experience in an editorial newsroom position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
Please apply at: http://bit.ly/1KSNDwa