Posted On: May 8, 2015
Media Organization: Kellen Communications
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has seven offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, New York City and Washington DC.
Manage the day-to-day operations of association client(s), including overseeing staff and initiatives related to membership, communications, meetings, budgeting or other pertinent actions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Oversight and management of the clients’:
o Strategic plan and direction
o Membership development
o Revenue generation and expense management
o Executive Committee, Board and committees
o Marketing and Promotion
o Industry research
o Staff management
o Budget planning and analysis
• Liaison with Executive Committee and Board of Directors
• Liaison with various committees including attending meetings and preparing Minutes, as appropriate
• Provide direction regarding overall association strategy
• Create and maintain partnerships/relationships with related industry organizations to increase awareness and grow client membership
• Ensure staff resources and deliverables are focused on client objectives
• Be conversant in industry trends and be the “voice of the industry”, as needed
• Implement client directives
• Identify new member benefits, emerging trends and actions to positively grow the association clients
• Approve monthly expenses and prepare budgets for approval
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications or associated disciplines; knowledge of manufacturing industries helpful with a minimum of 7-10 years professional experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity in a professional field. Marketing/communications experience a plus. Association management or non-profit experience a plus. Experience with professional certification or education programs a plus.
please email resume and cover letter to Perry Edmond (firstname.lastname@example.org)