Posted On: May 21, 2015
Media Organization: Humanities Initiative at NYU
Created in 2007, the Humanities Initiative at NYU draws on the talents and energies of our faculty and students across the university to provide a forum for cross-disciplinary discussion and collaboration in the humanities and arts.
This position is open to NYU undergraduate and graduate students. Knowledge of video camera operation, video production, event logistics and audio/video support are required. Qualities preferred are energetic, meticulous, punctual and, most importantly, an appreciation for and dedication to delivering an outstanding event experience for all guests. This position pays $11 per hour. Please note that this position may require an irregular schedule that is largely driven by the dates and times of our events.
Primary duties include:
- Operate a digital video camera to record events
- Setup and troubleshoot audio/video equipment for events (projectors, wired microphones, speakers, lights, wireless devices)
- Setup event space per event requirements (arrange tables, chairs, podiums, reception space)
- Secure all equipment after events
- May be required to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
Recorded video may serve as an important element in several highly visible digital marketing campaigns. Therefore, for the right candidate, this can be a fantastic opportunity for a student looking to develop and refine their video portfolio.
Please email a cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position and an updated resume to email@example.com with subject line “Humanities Initiative Events Technical Assistant”.
IMPORTANT: In your cover letter, you must include a link to an online portfolio OR links to 2-3 examples of previous video work.