Posted On: May 21, 2015
Media Organization: Vulcan Inc
Vulcan Inc. creates and advances a variety of world-class endeavors and high-impact initiatives that change and improve the way people live, learn, do business and experience the world.
Founded in 1986 by investor and philanthropist Paul G. Allen, and under the direction of President and CEO Jody Allen, Vulcan oversees various business and charitable projects including real estate holdings, investments in dozens of companies, including the Seattle Seahawks NFL, Seattle Sounders FC Major League Soccer, and Portland Trail Blazers NBA franchises, First & Goal Inc., the Seattle Cinerama theatre, Experience Music Project, the Science Fiction Museum & Hall of Fame, the Allen Institute for Brain Science and the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
Our unique environment offers employees professional growth, stimulating opportunities and a chance to make an impact.
Vulcan is seeking a skilled and organized project manager to oversee the writing of a book and various publishing projects. The Sr. Publisher Project Manager will be responsible for owning and managing projects, ensuring quality and deadline goals are met.
This person will be expected to research, identify and recruit a team of writers to engage in the effort. Following release, the Sr. Publishing Project Manager will partner with Corporate Communications to oversee the public relations and media efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
• Develop and manage project schedules, resources, and dependencies
• Conduct research, due diligence and recruit topic specific writers
• Manage teams of freelance writers and take full ownership for deliverables
• Ensure content is delivered against deadlines and milestones
• Conduct regular reviews of content and ensure edits and changes are reflected in delivered content
• Coordinate information sessions with scientists and other topic experts across multiple domains
• Ensure the primary author’s direction is incorporated into the content across multiple topics
• Establish and manage relationship with literary agent. In conjunction with the literary agent, establish and manage relationship with the literary publisher
• Recruit and manage an Editor
• Project manage the fact checking process and ensure the tracking and accuracy of changes
• Discuss and resolve any potentially libelous sections with the writers, legal counsel, and department managers
• Ensure that publications are prepared on budget and to schedule
• Track communication and deliverables, ensuring all project initiatives and commitments are aligned
• Assist with special projects as assigned
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity, responsibility and fulfillment of commitments
To apply: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oAW60fwm&s=New_York_University_Journalism