Posted On: March 2, 2021
Media Organization: Sweeten
Sweeten delivers homeowners and business owners a superior renovation experience, by personally matching vetted general contractors to each project, while offering guidance and financial protection—at no cost to the client. The company simultaneously delivers general contracting firms an efficient growth engine, by streamlining marketing, lead acquisition, and bidding, and by vetting all renovation projects for budget and readiness.
Sweeten’s sophisticated digital platform empowers owners and contractors alike with transparency, data, and an expansive online library of renovation knowledge. Sweeten’s general contractors excel at transformative renovations of all types, with budgets from $15,000 to over $3 million. Sweeten launched in 2011, with headquarters in New York, NY. The company has expanded into ten major American cities.
As an Editorial/Content Specialist Intern, you will join a dynamic 30-person startup streamlining the painful and stressful process of renovating. You will collaborate with our editor, account management team, general contractors, and homeowners to create engaging content that resonates with our audience, learn and implement search engine optimization, partner with our social media manager and PR team, and understand the dynamics of remote team collaboration. This role is perfect for someone who is excited to share their passion for renovation and home design and tell stories through compelling, user-friendly copy and design.
Position Type: The internship is 20 hours per week, but potentially up to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Length/Duration: The spring semester, but has potential to last longer
- Handle inbound public relation inquiries professionally and quickly
- Coordinate end-to-end content production on Sweeten’s blog
- Source and organize content from experts, homeowners, and general contractors
- Develop interesting new content using Sweeten resources and imagery
- Learn and implement our brand style and voice
- Work with Sweeten’s photo archive for media and blog content
- Organize and manage blog archive
- Conduct user research to uncover actionable insights for improving content
- Monitor and report on content performance
- Report directly to our Blog Editor and support Content Manager to help develop best practices for future success and growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong grasp of grammar and style
- Passion for storytelling
- Meticulous attention to detail; highly organized in a fast-paced startup environment
- A self-starter, with a strong work ethic who is professional in every interaction
- Flexibility and versatility in performing long-term tasks and immediate requests
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Proficient in WordPress
- Strong executive function; ability to work remotely
- Send a cover letter and resume detailing what you could bring to the position
- Provide links to past published work, blog posts, and social media
- Prior professional experience
This position pays $15/hr. (This internship is not eligible for credit.)